Result of Webinar on the Joint Crediting Mechanism (JCM) Implementation in Indonesia 2020 – Utilizing the JCM during the COVID-19 Period –
Ministry of the Environment of Japan (MOEJ) and the Global Environment Centre Foundation (GEC) in collaboration with Coordinating Ministry of Economic Affairs of Indonesia and Indonesia JCM Secretariat jointly organized “Webinar on the Joint Crediting Mechanism (JCM*1) Implementation in Indonesia – Utilizing the JCM during the COVID-19 Period -” on 30 September 2020, Wednesday.
Government of Japan is promoting dissemination of advanced low carbon or zero emission technologies through the Financing Programme for JCM Model Projects*2. In this webinar, government officials and representatives of related organizations from both countries explained the overview of the Financing Programme for JCM Model Projects and its progress in Indonesia and introduced newly developed web platform “JCM Global Match”, and related entities from both countries shared the good practices of JCM model projects in Indonesia and the neighboring country and Indonesian companies introduced their activities for reduction of GHG emissions.
After the webinar, individual meetings were arranged online between the companies, and Indonesia JCM Secretariat, ADB and GEC had individual consultation with companies which had questions regarding JCM Financing Programme.
Overview of Seminar
- Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 13:00-16:20 Indonesia Time (GMT+7), 15:00-18:20 Japan Time (GMT+9)
- Venue: The webinar was held via Zoom
- Organizers: Ministry of the Environment of Japan (MOEJ), Coordinating Ministry of Economic Affairs of Indonesia, Indonesia JCM Secretariat, Global Environment Centre Foundation (GEC)
- Supporter: ASEAN-Japan Centre
- Participants: About 400 audiences including government officials and business leaders from both countries, and others
- Language: English
Program Outline and Presentation Materials
|Session 1. Opening Remarks:|
– Mr. Fajar Wirawan Harijo, Acting Assistant Deputy Minister for Multilateral Economic Cooperation, Coordinating Ministry for Economic Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia Video
–Mr. Tadayuki Miyashita, Minister for Economic Affairs and Development, Embassy of Japan in Indonesia Video
|Session 2. Information Sharing on the JCM Progress:|
Recent Development of The Joint Crediting Mechanism (JCM)
Status of JCM Implementation in Indonesia
Overview of the Financing Programme for JCM Model Projects
Q&A Session Video
|Session 3. JCM Implementation in Indonesia|
Promotion of Green Innovation to Realize Zero Carbon City by the Collaboration between DKI-Jakarta and Kawasaki City (City to City Collaboration 2020)
2MW Mini Hydro Power Plant Project in East Nusa Tenggara Province (2019) & 12MW Biomass Power Plant Project in Ache Province, Sumatera (2018)
Energy Saving by Introducing High Efficiency Autoclave to Infusion Manufacturing Factory (2018)
Introduction of Gas Co-generation System and Absorption Chiller to Motor Parts Factory (2017)
Q&A Session Video
|Session 4.Presentations from JCM Related Organizations and Financial Institutions|
Lessons learned from JCM project development activities in Asia and JCM potential in Indonesia
Linkages between the JCM and SDGs
Financing Sustainable Infrastructure in Indonesia
ADB’s Private Sector Operations in Indonesia
The Japan Fund for the Joint Crediting Mechanism (JFJCM) for Private Sector
|Session 5. Closing Address|
– Mr. Cahyadi Yudodahono, Deputy Director for Trade and Multilateral Industry and Sustainable Development Cooperation, Coordinating Ministry for Economic Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia / Head of Indonesia JCM Secretariat Video
|Business Matching & Indonesia JCM Secretariat/ADB/GEC Consultation (Zoom Meeting)|
|■Business Matching: After the webinar, individual meetings were arranged online between the companies that are considering implementing low carbon or zero emission technologies as JCM Model Projects, and the companies that can provide relevant technologies.
■Consultation: After the webinar, Indonesia JCM Secretariat, ADB and GEC had individual consultation online with companies who would like to ask questions related to Financing Programme for JCM.
Global Environment Centre Foundation (GEC)
Attn: Tanabe, Inada