Energy Saving by Introducing High Efficiency Autoclave to Infusion Manufacturing Factory1
- Representative Participant
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory, Inc.
Outline of GHG Mitigation Activity
At an infusion manufacturing factory of PT. Otsuka Indonesia under the Otsuka Group, a new type of high efficiency autoclave, which fulfills the Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and realizes energy and resource saving, is introduced to contribute for CO2 emission as well as to assure safety of pharmaceutical products.
Since the hot water to be injected into the autoclave is maintained at a high temperature, both the amount of steam charged in a batch unit and consumption of natural gas (CNG) required for steam generation are reduced. In addition, the amount of pure water used in the sterilization process is also greatly reduced as it is reused without being discharged.
Expected GHG Emission Reductions
(Reference CNG consumption volume – project CNG consumption volume) X Emission factor of CNG.
- CNG consumption volume = temp. rising cycle X theoretical required steam X coef. of theoretical required steam X coef. of CNG/steam.
- temp. rising cycle = annual production volume / max volume of batch.
- theoretical required steam = heat required for heating pure water at each cycle / evaporation latent heat.
- coef. of theoretical required steam = steam generation volume in boiler / theoretical required steam.
coef. of CNG/steam = input volume of CNG / steam generation in bolier.
Site of JCM Project
|Methodology No.||Title||Methodology Proponent|
|ID_AM028||Energy saving by introducing waste hot water recovery system to autoclave in infusion manufacturing process line||Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory, Inc.|