2nd Call for Proposals: Financing Programme for JCM Model Projects in FY2015
The Global Environment Centre Foundation (GEC) as a secretariat for the Financing Programme for Joint Crediting Mechanism (JCM) Model Projects in FY2015, is soliciting the second round of project proposals for the financing programme.
Japan establishes and implements the Joint Crediting Mechanism (JCM), and its basic concepts are following:
- Facilitating diffusion of leading low carbon technologies, products, systems, services, and infrastructure as well as implementation of mitigation actions, and contributing to sustainable development of developing countries;
- Appropriately evaluating contributions from Japan to GHG emission reductions or removals in a quantitative manner and use them to achieve Japan’s emission reduction target;
- Contributing to the ultimate objective of the UNFCCC by facilitating global actions for GHG emission reductions or removals.
In order to support the implementation of candidate JCM projects, Ministry of the Environment, Japan has launched the “Financing Programme for JCM Model Projects (hereinafter referred to as “financing programme”).” The purpose of this financing programme is to financially support the implementation of projects which reduce CO2 emissions by saving energy and/or introducing renewable energy in developing countries with leading low carbon technologies. In return, this programme seeks to acquire JCM credits for achievement of Japan’s GHG emission reduction target.
(2)Who is eligible to apply?
A Japanese representative participant in an international consortium composed of a Japanese participant(s) and a JCM partner-country participant(s) which shall efficiently promote the implementation of projects
Please submit proposals by 18 Dec 2015 to GEC
*Application may close before the deadline because of the availability of financial support.
*GEC starts accepting proposals from 7 Sept 2015, and they are reviewed in order.
- Recent Development of the Joint Crediting Mechanism (JCM)[PDF]
- Public Offering Guidelines (tentative translation)[PDF]
- Agreement on International Consortium (Example)[WORD]
- Project Idea Note for the Model Project (Form No.4)[WORD]
For further information, please contact: Attn: Akira Tsuji, Takao Kaibara Financing Programme Group, Tokyo Office Global Environment Centre Foundation (GEC) 4th Floor Hongo Ozeki Bldg., 3-19-4 Hongo Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033, Japan E-mail：firstname.lastname@example.org