Centralization of Heat Supply System by Installation of High-Efficiency Heat Only Boiler
- Representative Participant
- Suuri-Keikaku Co., Ltd.
Outline of GHG Mitigation Activity
1) The project is the infrastructure building in Bornuur sum, composed of the installation of heat only boilers (HOBs). The usage of low efficient HOBs is stopped, and the centralized control system which consists of some HOBs will be installed in this project. Hot Water is supplied to some building.
2) The project is the installation of high efficiency HOBs in 118th school of Ulaanbaatar.
These projects are also lead to the reduction of coal consumptions to mitigate CO2 emissions as well as air pollutants.
Expected GHG Emission Reductions
1) Bornuur sum:
- Amounts of heat supply: 15,200 (GJ/yr)
- Annual operating time: 5,088 (hour/yr)
- Coal CO2 Emission Factor (EF): 0.099 (tCO2/GJ)
- Grid CO2 EF: 1.1501 (tCO2/MWh)
- Maximum electricity consumption of Project HOB: 2.3 (kW)
- Boiler efficiency of Project HOB: 67%
- Boiler efficiency of Reference HOB: 50%
→ Expected GHG Emission Reductions:
750tCO2/yr = (1/0.50 – 1/0.67) x 15200 x 0.099 – 2.3 x 5088 x 1.1501/1000