Host Country: VietnamJCM Project Planning Study (PS)
Introduction of Energy-from-Waste Project in Ho Chi Minh City
Implementing Entity : Hitachi Zosen Corporation, K.K. Satisfactory International
Outline of GHG Mitigation ActivityThe study investigates incineration of all wastes from the household, factories, stores and markets, to produce electricity/energy by incineration and fulfill the electricity production guidelines provided by the Vietnamese government. By effectively utilizing Ho Chi Minh City's wastes, not only are fossil fuels replaced by fuel by waste, green house gases are reduced, the amount of wastes needing treatment/sent to landfills is reduced, resources are effectively used, and natural resource usage is reduced.
We will effectively utilize the "Solid waste-to-energy project innovation assistance mechanism for Vietnam proclaimed as the Prime Minister's Decision dated May 2014".
Expected GHG Reductions
- Reference GHG emissions: 135,700tCO2/year
Avoided CH4 emissions from Landfill (94,100tCO2/year)
Electricity supplied to replace grid electricity (41,600tCO2/year)
- Project GHG emissions: 93,700CO2/year
Site of JCM Study
- Study Report (PDF: 1,007KB)
- JCM Proposed Methodology (Preliminary Draft) (PDF: 361KB)
- JCM Proposed Methodology Calculation Sheet (Preliminary Draft) (Excel: 28KB)
- JCM Proposed Project Design Document (PDD) (Preliminary Draft) (PDF: 301KB)
- JCM Proposed Monitoring Plan Sheet & Monitoring Structure Sheet (Preliminary Draft) (Excel: 33KB)