Host Country: MongoliaJCM Project Planning Study (PS)
10MW-scale Solar Power Generation for Stable Power Supply
Implementing Entity: SAISAN Co.,Ltd.; myclimate Japan Co., Ltd.
Outline of GHG Mitigation Activity
The project under consideration aims to construct a 10MW-scale solar power generation system in Altai City, Gobi-Altai aimag, Mongolia, and sell the generated energy to Altai-Uliastai Energy System. Currently, of all electricity supplied, approximately half is covered by import from coal-fired power plants of neighboring Central Energy System and Western Energy System, 40% by hydroelectric plant, and the rest by small-scale diesel power plants. The implementation of the project reduces GHG emissions by replacing electricity by coal-fired and diesel power plants which have high emission factors, with a solar power generation system, thus resolving the grid's electricity shortage problem due to increasing power demand.
Expected GHG Emission Reductions
- Reference CO2 emissions: 12,728 tCO2/year
Electricity supplied to the grid (15,579.405 MWh/yr) x Grid CO2 emission factor (0.817 tCO2/MWh)
- Project CO2 emissions: 41 tCO2/year
Electricity consumption from the Grid (49.076 MWh/yr) x Grid CO2 emission factor (0.817 tCO2/MWh)
Site of JCM Study
- Study Report (PDF: 1,130KB)
- JCM Proposed Methodology (Preliminary Draft) (PDF: 75KB)
- JCM Proposed Methodology Calculation Sheet (Preliminary Draft) (Excel: 21KB)
- JCM Proposed Project Design Document (PDD) (Preliminary Draft) (PDF: 313KB)
- JCM Proposed Monitoring Plan Sheet & Monitoring Structure Sheet (Preliminary Draft) (Excel: 24KB)