Host Country: MaldivesJCM Project Planning Study (PS)
Installation of Solar PV and Storage Battery with Energy Management System (EMS)
Implementing Entity: Pacific Consultants Co., Ltd. / T. T. Network Infrastructure Japan Corporation.
Outline of GHG Mitigation ActivityThe fuel consumption for power generation is reduced by introducing a large capacity of renewable energy and integrating the power systems of nearby inhabited (Huraa) and resort (Kuda Huraa) islands, which are currently 100% dependent on diesel power. Together with solar PVs, advanced Japanese batteries and energy management system (EMS) are introduced to enable a stable power supply with a high level of renewable energy penetration.
Expected GHG Reductions
588 tCO2/year*Average annual value calculated for the project period (20years)
- Reference CO2 emissions: 8,737 tCO2/year
Quantity of electricity supplied by the project (16,393MWh/year) x CO2 emission factor of diesel generators(0.533 tCO2/MWh)
- Project CO2 emissions: 8,149 tCO2/year
Quantity of electricity generated by the diesel generators of the project (15,289MWh/year) x CO2 emission factor of diesel generators (0.533tCO2/MWh)
Site of JCM Study
- Study Report (PDF: 216KB)
- JCM Proposed Methodology (Preliminary Draft) (PDF: 56KB)
- JCM Proposed Methodology Calculation Sheet (Preliminary Draft) (Excel: 17KB)
- JCM Proposed Project Design Document (PDD) (Preliminary Draft) (PDF: 69KB)
- JCM Proposed Monitoring Plan Sheet & Monitoring Structure Sheet (Preliminary Draft) (Excel: 19KB)