Host Country: IndonesiaJCM Feasibility Study (FS)
3.7MW Run-of-river Hydro Power Generation in Sulawesi
Implementing Entity: Japan NUS Co.,Ltd.
Outline of GHG Mitigation ActivitySouth Sulawesi relies heavily on the fossil fuels that lead to carbon dioxide emissions.
Taking advantage of the abundant natural resources such as the rough terrain and abundant water resources, this project under consideration will introduce run-of-river hydroelectric power generation utilizing natural resources. The run-of-river system is environmental load-reducing hydropower.
This project will introduce a high-efficiency water wheel using a flow analysis technique that brings out fully the energy potential of the site.
Expected GHG Emission Reductions
- Reference CO2 emissions: 14,493 tCO2/year
electricity generation supplied to the grid (20,413 MWh/yr)
Sulawesi grid CO2 emission factor (0.710 tCO2/MWh)
- Project CO2 emissions: 0.0 tCO2/year
Site of JCM Study
- Study Report (PDF: 141KB)
- JCM Proposed Methodology (Preliminary Draft) (PDF: 26KB)
- JCM Proposed Methodology Calculation Sheet (Preliminary Draft) (Excel: 20KB)