Host Country: Thailand, etcJCM Methodology Demonstration Study (DS)
Dissemination of High-Efficiency Inverter Air Conditioners
DS Entity: Shimizu Corporation
Outline of GHG Mitigation ActivityThis program intends to disseminate high-efficiency air conditioners equipped with inverters to consumers to replace existing non-inverter air conditioners which will contribute to the energy conservation in many sectors.
Draft JCM MethodologyBased on the degree-day theory, reference emissions and project emissions will be quantified from the simulation results whose input data are the following:
- The number of inverter air conditioners sold,
- The specs of both the inverter and the non-inverter air conditioners,
- The actual status of the usage of air conditioner grasped through ex-ante questionnaire,
- The meteorological data such as ambient atmosphere temperature.
Expected GHG Emission Reductions
- 133,000tCO2/yr in the first year
- 266,000tCO2/yr in the second year