Preliminary Selection Result for Financing Programme for JCM Model Projects in FY2016
27 Jun 2016
Global Environment Centre Foundation (GEC) as a secretariat for Financing Programme for Joint Crediting Mechanism (JCM) Model Projects in FY2016, solicited proposals for the financing programme and selected 20 projects in 9 countries among 52 proposals.
Japan establishes and implements the Joint Crediting Mechanism (JCM), and its basic concepts are as follows:
- Facilitating diffusion of leading low carbon technologies, products, systems, services, and infrastructure as well as implementation of mitigation actions, and contributing to sustainable development of developing countries;
- Appropriately evaluating contributions from Japan to GHG emission reductions or removals in a quantitative manner and use them to achieve Japan’s emission reduction target;
- Contributing to the ultimate objective of the UNFCCC by facilitating global actions for GHG emission reductions or removals.
In order to support the implementation of candidate JCM projects, Ministry of the Environment, Japan (MOEJ) has launched “Financing Programme for JCM Model Projects.” The purpose of this financing programme is to financially support the implementation of projects which reduce CO2 emissions by saving energy and/or introducing renewable energy in developing countries with leading low carbon technologies. In return, this programme seeks to acquire JCM credits for achievement of Japan’s GHG emission reduction target.
Overview of Selected Projects
- GEC solicited project proposals from 8 April 2016 to 16 May 2016 and received 52 proposals. After reviewing the proposals and conducting hearings, GEC selected 20 projects for the first announcement listed below. GEC will further examine the contents of each project and provide a Notice of Contract to a relevant representative participant for the final decision before the project is implemented.
- GEC is reviewing some remaining proposals and may select several more projects among them.
|Partner Country||Representative Participant||Project Title||Expected CO2 Emission Reductions(tCO2/year)|
|Mongolia||Farmdo Co., Ltd.||Installation of 8.3MW Solar Power Plant in Ulaanbaatar suburb Farm||10,580|
|Bangladesh||EBARA REFRIGERANT EQUIPMENT & SYSTEMS Co., Ltd.||Energy Saving of Air-Conditioning System by Recovering Waste Heat from Engine in Textile Factory||1,777|
|Vietnam||NTT DATA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT CONSULTING,Inc||Introduction of 4.75MW Power Generation System by Waste Heat Recovery for Cement Plant||17,592|
|Vietnam||Yokohama Water Co., Ltd.||Introduction of High Efficiency Water Pumps in Da Nang City||1,145|
|Vietnam||HOYA CORPORATION||Installation of Energy Saving Equipment in Lens Factory||618|
|Indonesia||Toyo Energy Farm Co., Ltd.||10MW Mini Hydro Power Plant Project in North Sumatra||42,711|
|Indonesia||FAST RETAILING CO., LTD.||Introduction of LED Lighting to Sales Stores||2,617|
|Indonesia||Nisshinbo Textile Inc.||Introduction of High Efficiency Looms in Weaving Mill||1,317|
|Indonesia||iFORCOM Tokyo Co.,Ltd.||Energy Saving for Air-Conditioning Utility System in the Airport Terminal by High-efficiency Operating System||533|
|Indonesia||Environmental Management & Teechnology Center||Energy Saving in Industrial Wastewater Treatment System for Rubber Industry||387|
|Costa Rica||NTT DATA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT CONSULTING,Inc||5MW Solar Power Project in Belen||2,401|
|Costa Rica||NTT DATA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT CONSULTING,Inc||Introduction of the High Efficiency Chiller and the Exhaust Heat Recovery System||401|
|Cambodia||AEON MALL Co., Ltd.||Introduction of 1MW Solar Power System and High Efficiency Centrifugal Chiller in Large Shopping Mall||1,688|
|Cambodia||Asian Gateway Corporation||Introduction of 0.8MW Solar Power Generation in International School||772|
|Mexico||NTT DATA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT CONSULTING,Inc||Introduction of 4.8MW Power Generation with Methane Gas Recovery System||
(*from fuel combsution)
|Myanmar||Kirin Holdings Company, Limited||Introduction of Energy Saving Brewing Systems to Beer Factory||2,841|
|Myanmar||ACECOOK CO., LTD.||Introduction of High-efficiency Once-through Boiler in Instant Noodle Factory||674|
|Thailand||Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.||Introduction of High Efficiency Ion Exchange Membrane Electrolyzer in Caustic Soda Production Plant||2,110|
|Thailand||FAST RETAILING CO., LTD.||Introduction of LED Lighting to Sales Stores||1,774|
|Thailand||TEPIA Corporation Japan Co., Ltd.||Introduction of High Efficiency Chilled Water Supply System in Milk Factory||1,219|
・JCM Financing programs by MOEJ (FY2013~2016)
For further information, please contact: Attn: Hiroyuki Saito, Satoru Tango Financing Programme Group, Tokyo Office Global Environment Centre Foundation (GEC) 4th Floor Hongo Ozeki Bldg., 3-19-4 Hongo Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033, Japan E-mail：email@example.com